According to Guilherme Cruz of Tatame.com, dos Santos tested positive for Hepatitis B during a pre-fight blood test. The UFC tested all the fighters set to compete on the card.
Dos Santos (34-14) has won each of his last 12 fights. He will be forced to undergo a 12-month treatment to rid his body of the disease.
No new opponent was signed for Gonzaga.
- Chris Camozzi Plans To Donate Part Of His Purse Back To Brazilian Youth
- Video: Extended Preview For Saturday's UFC 153 Card
- Bellator 76 Official With Weigh-Ins Complete
- Jon Fitch Getting Title Shots Is A "Popularity Contest"
- Phil Davis Planning To Finish Wagner Prado And Set The Record Straight
- Mark DellaGrotte Talks Here Comes The Boom, Hopes Bonnar Gets Out Of Brazil Alive
- Glover Teixeira Ready To Bring Excitement To The Octagon
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.