UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson asked UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre how he thought he matched up with Nick Diaz. The two will square off at UFC 158: St-Pierre Vs. Diaz in March.
"That funny you asked that question because I watched very carefully your fight against Nate Diaz," said GSP, on Fuel TV over the weekend. "I'm going to try to use some of the stuff you have done in the fight to win over Nick Diaz, as well. I'm going to learn from what you did and try to apply it in my game plan. Thanks for showing me the blueprint."
St-Pierre asked the UFC to give him Diaz before a potential meeting with Johny Hendricks because of previous encounters with Diaz. The two have had a pair of fights cancelled, and GSP wants to finally prove he is better than the former Strikeforce champion.
"Right now it was logical to fight Nick Diaz," St-Pierre said. "I wanted to make this fight happen. I want this fight."
St-Pierre returned from nearly two years away with knee issues to defeat Carlos Condit last month and unify the UFC titles. Diaz is currently suspended, but can re-apply for his fight license in February.
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.