UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre is one of the training partners of Francis Carmont at the Tri-Star Gym in Canada. So, while GSP has seen Carmont at his best, he is very impressed with his win over Karlos Vemola Wednesday night at UFC on Fuel TV: Munoz vs. Weidman.
"Wow!!! What an amazing fight!" GSP posted on Twitter after helping corner Carmont. "So happy for him hard work pays! What a great finish!"
Carmont worked a crucifix into a rear-naked choke against Vemola, finishing the fight in the second round. The 30-year-old is now 19-7 in his career, including a perfect 3-0 start to his UFC career. He also submitted Magnus Cedenblad earlier this year after taking a decision from Chris Camozzi in 2011.
- Bellator 72 Complete With Welterweight Final, Paul Daley's Debut
- Chris Weidman: Win Over Mark Munoz "Went As Good As I Could Have Imagined"
- Chael Sonnen Declares Chris Weidman New No. 1 Middleweight Contender
- Research Helped Pay Off For James Te Huna In His Win Over Joey Beltran
- Urijah Faber Always Compete With A Sense Of Urgency
- Renan Barao Unfazed By Lack Of Media Attention To Date
- Shane Carwin And Roy Nelson To Coach Next Season Of "The Ultimate Fighter"
- "Strikeforce: Rockhold Vs. Kennedy" Final Card, Live Coverage Saturday
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.