UFC president Dana White seemed to be in a good mood for a while during theUFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort post-fight press conference. However, White quickly turned mad when talk centered around an article written by a Canadian columnist.
"(Lesnar) was never the No. 1 attraction. Georges St-Pierre has been forever," White said. "I've said that a million times."
White proceeded to name the top-five PPV draws, naming "Georges St-Pierre, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen makes the list now, Jon Jones and Rashad Evans." By naming those five, four of them could be headed for future showdowns, as Silva has expressed interest in a super-fight with GSP, and Sonnen could become a quick contender to Jones thanks to his verbal attacks over the last month.
White put a possible damper on the Silva-GSP fight, though, stating that both fighters need to get past their upcoming foes first. Silva will meet Stephan Bonnar at UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar, while GSP returns from a year-plus layoff to meet Carlos Condit at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit.
Lesnar left the UFC after a loss to Alistair Overeem in 2011. He returned to the professional wrestling promotion WWE upon leaving MMA.
- Stitch Duran Claims Charles Oliveira Suffered Injury Before UFC 152 Fight
- Showtime Issues Statement In Regards To Cancellation
- More Taunting From Chael Sonnen Towards Jon Jones
- TJ Grant Finds New Home As A Lightweight
- UFC 152 Injury Report Includes Jon Jones
- Daniel Cormier On UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones
- Shoulder Injury Derailed Gilbert Melendez-Pat Healy Fight
- Brett Rogers Has A New Home With American Top Team
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.