Former UFC welterweight champion Pat Miletich (29-7-2) has Georges St-Pierre's (23-2) next fight planned out in his head. He thinks Anderson Silva (33-4) is the right choice for two reasons: more money and it's easier then fighting Johny Hendricks (14-1).
"If I'm Georges St. Pierre, to be honest with you, I'm probably going to lean towards fighting Anderson Silva," said Miletich on Sherdog Radio. "There's a hell of a lot more to gain obviously, but that might even, to be honest with you, be a safer fight for him."
Miletich points to Hendricks' strong wrestling background and power as counters to St-Pierre. Hendricks has begun to gain a reputation for knocking out several fighters with one shot.
"[St. Pierre] may get a takedown, but he's not holding Hendricks down," said Miletich. "I think Hendricks is obviously a good enough wrestler, a strong enough guy when he's coming back up. And Hendricks has some serious one-punch knockout power. When he hits people, he's sliding them across the ice."
Both fighters last fought to victory at UFC 154. White said Hendricks is the No. 1 contender now, but it's unknown if St-Pierre will accept a superfight with Silva first. Nick Diaz (26-8-1 NC) is also is set for an early 2013 return and expressed interest in a championship fight.
- Lorenz Larkin's Manager Not Happy With Luke Rockhold
- Invicta FC 4 Card Released: Strawweight Champion To Be Crowned
- MFC To Crown New Lightweight Champion
- Rory MacDonald Has Future Encounter With Carlos Condit On His Mind
- Luke Rockhold Still Injured, Off January Strikeforce Card
- Dana White Disappointed About Strikeforce
- Johny Hendricks Has No Doubt Who He Wants Next
- X-Gym Trainer Knows Jon Jones' Weakness
- UFC Took Care Of Fabio Maldonado For Accepting Glover Teixeira Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.