UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre returned earlier this year from an extended layoff due to knee troubles to defeat Carlos Condit. Now, GSP is on target to finally face Nick Diaz in early 2013.
So, has the 31-year-old Canadian thought at all about when he will be hanging it up and retiring from MMA? Not really, St-Pierre told Fuel TV recently.
"I don't know. I love what I do for a living. I love my job," St-Pierre said. "I found the fire back. I want to give the fans a big fight. I don't want to talk in the future because we don't know what can happen. I hate when they ask me when I have a fight coming up what the next one is like I've already won."
St-Pierre constantly was forced to field questions concerning UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva a potential super-fight while in the final days leading up to his bout with Condit. GSP added, "This is the worst thing that can happen: not focusing on the present moment. I try to focus on Nick right now and we'll see what happens. But I want ot fight a lot of times and we'll see what the future will give me."
The two will meet in the main event of UFC 158: St-Pierre Vs. Diaz in March from the Bell Centre in Montreal.
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.