A reported match between Johnny Eduardo and Yuri Alcantara is no more. SporTV is reporting that George Roop will replace an injured Eduardo, who was hurt in training for the January 19 card from Brazil.
The event is expected to air on either FX or Fuel TV, though nothing has been confirmed by the UFC yet.
Roop (12-9-1) has gone just 2-5 in his UFC career, and will be returning to 135 pounds for this fight. Alcantara (27-4) is 2-1 since joining the Octagon.
- Jon Jones Still Looking Forward To Dan Henderson Encounter
- Michael Bisping "Frustrated" By Chael Sonnen's Constant Title Shots
- Eddie Alvarez Is Now A Free Agent
- Andrei Arlovski, Anthony Johnson Top WSOF 1 Payroll
- Second WSOF Card Set For January In Las Vegas
- WSOF 1 Results: Andrei Arlovski Destroys Devin Cole
- Chris Weidman Gathering Clothes, Supplies For Hurricane Sandy Victims
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.