Gabriel Gonzaga will step back inside the Octagon later this year, according to a report by Team Link BJJ. Gonzaga will be on the UFC 153 card from Brazil.
UFC 153 goes down October 13 from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. No opponent was mentioned for Gonzaga.
Gonzaga (13-6) returned to the UFC earlier this year, besting Ednaldo Oliveira at UFC 142 with a rear-naked choke. The 33-year-old was released after back-to-back losses in 2010, but earned a regional victory to secure his spot back in the UFC.
Gonzaga was expected to be part of the all-heavyweight UFC 146 card against Shane del Rosario. He was moved into a fight with Roy Nelson due to a series of injuries, but "Napao" was eventually added to the list of the hurt and knocked out of the show.
- Dan Henderson Plans To Put Jon Jones On His Back
- Francis Carmont To Put Perfect UFC Record On Line Vs. Tom Lawlor At UFC 154
- Add Gabriel Gonzaga To Ever-Growing UFC 153 Card In Brazil
- John Alessio Cut From The UFC
- Rick Story-Demian Maia On Target For UFC 153
- Corey Hill Vs. Mike Bronzoulis Headlines XFC 19 This Friday
- Numbers Come In For UFC 148: Silva Vs. Sonnen II
- Cesar Gracie Hoping To Get Nick Diaz A Fight Overseas
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.