From the sound of disappointment in the voice of Frankie Edgar, it would seem that the former UFC lightweight champion is likely headed to featherweight. While nothing was announced after Edgar's loss to Benson Henderson Saturday night at UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II, "The Answer" seems ready for a change.
"I'm moving on," Edgar told FightLine during the post-fight press conference. "Dana (White) ain't gonna give me another title shot, I'll tell you that much."
Edgar felt like he had done enough to wrestle back his title from Henderson, but when the scores were read, it was "Smooth" who had won in the mind of two of the three judges.
Both the "Red" and "White" judges scored the fight 48-47 for Henderson, giving him rounds one, three and four. The "Blue" judge scored it 49-46, giving Henderson only the first round and Edgar the rest.
- Cris Cyborg Wants A Fight With Ronda Rousey "To Punch Her"
- Dominick Cruz Not Pondering Any Change In Weight Classes Yet
- Jon Jones "Confident That I'm Gonna TKO" Dan Henderson
- Former TUF Coach Jason "Mayhem" Miller Arrested
- Leonard Garcia Believes He’s Fighting When The UFC Invades China
- DeWayne Zinkin On Why American Kickboxing Academy Is The Place For Wrestlers To Morph Into Fighters
- The Office Was No Place For A Competitor Like Daniel Cormier
- Jake Shields Looking To Fight A Top Middleweight Fighter
- Gene LeBell Says Ronda Rousey Is The Ideal Female Athlete
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.