Frankie Edgar (14-3-1) says that his team plays a large role about his upcoming fights, but the final call is his. Edgar compared this belief to the situation with Jon Jones (16-1) pulling out of UFC 151 after being offered to fight Chael Sonnen (27-12-1) on eight days notice.
"I'd like to say I would [take the fight]," said Edgar on MMA Weekly Radio. "I don't know what my team would say, but ultimately I'm the one to make that decision. If I had a full camp to prepare, and this guy only had eight days, I think I would, but you don't know. I think it all depends on match-ups and everything."
Since Edgar doesn't know the whole account with Jones, he understands his decision was not an easy one to make.
"You don't know the whole story and everybody's side of it," said Edgar. "It's kind of crazy. It's a tough spot for him, too."
- Luke Rockhold Set To Return Sooner Than Expected
- Vitor Belfort "Joyful" To Fight Jon Jones, Blasts Fighters Who Have Become "Divas"
- Dana White Says There's Only One Difference Between Fighting Henderson And Sonnen
- Chael Sonnen Rips "Selfish Brat" Jon Jones For Refusing Fight
- Video: Bellator 73 Highlights Feature Quick Finishes
- Fear The Fighter Steps Up To Help Finance Eddie Yagin
- Joe Lauzon Requested Bout With Gray Maynard
- Cung Le Back Training, Says Foot Remains "Sore"
- Jones' Striking Coach Hints That Chael Sonnen Had Been Training For Weeks
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.