Frankie Edgar (14-3-1) could be called somewhat of a rematch specialist. Between 2010 and 2012, Edgar fought the same three fighters twice. He defeated B.J. Penn (16-9-2) twice, fought Gray Maynard (11-1-1-1 NC) to a draw then followed it with a victory and lost to Benson Henderson (18-2) on two occasions this year.
When it comes to the heavyweight title rematch between Cain Velasquez (10-1) and Junior dos Santos (15-1) this Saturday at UFC 155, the former lightweight champion wasn't willing to give a decisive answer on who takes the win. The one thing Edgar believes is that it'll be a much different fight from the first time.
"I think it will be a struggle, completely different from the first," said Edgar to TATAME. "Junior has a super heavy hand and I always see him as the favorite for the fight, but Cain is one of the most talented heavyweights in the UFC today and is a very complete fighter. I do not know who will win."
Edgar returns to action in 2013 at UFC 156 when he challenges José Aldo (21-1) for the UFC featherweight championship.
Dos Santos vs. Velasquez headlines UFC 155 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV. The PPV airs this this Saturday, December 29. As always, FightLine.com will be providing live coverage of the event.
- Daniel Cormier Not Finished With Frank Mir
- Kansas City Chiefs Cheerleader Rachel Wray Joins MMA
- Yoshiyuki Yoshida Hopes For A UFC Return
- Paul Daley Denies Involvement In Bar Brawl, Visa Issues To Blame For Cancelled Fight
- Jon Jones Breaks Top-20 In ESPN's Cross-Sport Power Rankings For 2012
- DREAM - GLORY Supershow Lands U.S. TV Spot
- Video: "Countdown To UFC 155" Complete Episode
- Rematch King Frankie Edgar Weighs In On Cain Velasquez - Junior Dos Santos
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.