Former UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar was told earlier this week that he will be getting a rematch for the title against Benson Henderson later this year. However, that has not ended the talk of "The Answer" dropping down to 145 pounds in the future.
"I got nothin' against 145. Will I make it there one day? Probably," said Edgar, during an interview for MMA Uncensored (thanks to MMAMania.com for transcribing). "You know? That's the truth. But, I just don't wanna go out on these terms. I felt like the fight was too close for me to just be like, 'Alright, I'm going down to 45,' you know?"
Edgar lost a decision to Henderson last month, ending his reign atop the 155 pound division. UFC president Dana White informed Edgar he would receive an immediate title shot against current UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo if he dropped, but Edgar held his ground.
- Bellator 60 Weigh-In Results
- MMA Link Club: Music Videos Featuring Fighters, Rogan On Favorite TUF Moments, TRT, More
- Tim Boetsch Has Michael Bisping In His Sight
- "Bellator: MMA Onslaught: Video Game Preview
- Dan Henderson Waiting For Title Opportunity To Open Up
- No One Is Unbeatable, Including Jonny "Bones" Jones
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.