Frank Mir's (16-8) top four fighters in the world follows a familiar pattern when compared to media outlets that rank the best in MMA. Topping his list was middleweight champion Anderson Silva (33-4).
"Right now Anderson Silva has to be the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world," said Mir on The Ultimate Show. "Look what the guys done. Even the fights he looks bad in, he still wins."
Coming in at number two was welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (23-2). Jon Jones (17-1) earned the third spot. Mir said as time moves forward, Jones could surpass St-Pierre and Silva. José Aldo (21-1) rounded out Mir's list coming in fourth place.
Mir was set to face Daniel Cormier (10-0) for Strikeforce on the November card before it was cancelled. Mir and Cormier have expressed interest in making the fight happen in the UFC.
- Daniel Cormier Not Finished With Frank Mir
- Kansas City Chiefs Cheerleader Rachel Wray Joins MMA
- Yoshiyuki Yoshida Hopes For A UFC Return
- Paul Daley Denies Involvement In Bar Brawl, Visa Issues To Blame For Cancelled Fight
- Jon Jones Breaks Top-20 In ESPN's Cross-Sport Power Rankings For 2012
- DREAM - GLORY Supershow Lands U.S. TV Spot
- Video: "Countdown To UFC 155" Complete Episode
- Rematch King Frankie Edgar Weighs In On Cain Velasquez - Junior Dos Santos
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.