"I mean, obviously, he's the most decorated striker we have in the division, you know, K-1 champion," Mir told FightHubTV. "A lot of the strikers right now in the UFC are very good boxers. I think that he brings back the kicking game. I think he showcased that he kicks hard and I think it was great to see that brought back. Throwing kicks can be very devastating."
Winner of the 2010 K-1 World Grand Prix, Overeem truly is a decorated striker. He had a date with UFC heavyweight champ Junior dos Santos -- another great pugilist -- at UFC 146 this May. That bout is now in jeopardy due to Overeem's raised testosterone.
Check out the video below to hear more from Mir's interview with FightHubTV.
- Reminder: Jones And Evans To Appear On "UFC Ultimate Insider" Tonight
- CSAC Amendment Would Allow TUEs For Marijuana And TRT
- Thiago Alves Vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama Possible For UFC 149
- Randy Couture Names MMA's Pound-For-Pound Best
- Video: New "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Promo
- Cain Velasquez Competes In Charity Race This Friday
- Bas Rutten, Joe Rogan, The Voice And Josh Barnett On PEDS In MMA
- Undercard For Bellator 65 This Friday Announced
- Injury Will Postpone Cole Konrad - Eric Prindle Heavyweight Title Fight
- "UFC On Fuel TV: Gustafsson Vs. Silva" Final Card, Live Coverage Saturday
- Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney Wants To Remain Full-Speed Ahead
- Record-Low Numbers For "UFC Primetime: Jones Vs. Evans" Debut Episode
- Chael Sonnen, Jason "Mayhem" Miller Duke It Out On Twitter
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.