Former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir will make a one-time appearance in Strikeforce later this year when he takes on Daniel Cormier. Friday night, Mir discussed facing Cormier on Fuel TV after the weigh-ins for UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II.
"Daniel Cormier is a top-ranked fighter," Mir said. "When UFC talks come up, he gets a lot of talk. For me, coming off a loss fighting for the title, fighting a guy who hasn't lost, it's great for me."
Cormier recently defeated Josh Barnett to claim the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix title. Cormier, a former Olympian, was signed to one more fight with Showtime, so the UFC extended the offer to Mir.
There is no official date set for the meeting yet, but later this fall has been rumored. The fight is expected to be a five-round affair.
- Jon Jones Talks About Upcoming Fight With Dan Henderson
- Jared Hamman Defends Decision To Continue Fighting At UFC 150
- Video: Ronda Rousey "Disguises" Herself To Try And Win Sarah Kaufman's Ticket Giveaway
- Anderson Silva Plans To Sit Out Remainder Of 2012
- Yushin Okami Ready To “Climb To The Top Again” After Victory
- Dennis Bermudez Shows Off His Chin Of Steel
- People Overlooking Dan Henderson Are "Crazy," Says Dana White
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.