There must be something in the air, as the knockouts continued Saturday night at UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao. This time, while it didn't come in seven seconds, it was just as nice.
Francisco Rivera picked Roland Delorme apart, dropping him for good with a counter-left late in the first round. Rivera lost his WEC and UFC fights in 2010 and '11, but has won both his Octagon bouts this year.
"I just want to thank (UFC matchmaker) Sean Shelby and (UFC president) Dana White for bringing me back," Rivera said. "I trained my ass off every day, and as you can see, that's what happens."
Rivera (9-2) earned a decision victory over Alex Soto earlier this year, but looked even more impressive against Delorme. He continually hit Delorme with lefts and rights, nearly ending it early.
Rivera said this fight was for his mother, who has been ill.
"This is the only way to show her that we're still fighting for her," an emotional Rivera said. "I love her and thank God every day that she's okay."
Delrome (8-2) had his two-fight win streak snapped with the loss.
- Dana White Asked Quinton "Rampage" Jackson To "Honor" Contract
- Chael Sonnen Down For "War Of Words" With WWE Superstar The Rock
- Alan Belcher Gives Us An Update On His Next Fight
- Benson Henderson Gives Us His Three Rules To Fighting
- Heavyweights Rob Broughton, Matt Mitrione Off UFC On FOX 4
- Bjorn Rebney Doesn't Believe Ben Askren Is Boring
- Tim Kennedy Vs. Roger Gracie? Former Military Man Says Yes
- Jamie Varner Excited For Opportunity Presented To Him At UFC On FOX 4
- "Life Changed A Lot" Says Renan Barao In Regards To Being A UFC Champion
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.