Those watching Saturday night's main event at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz might have thought their television provider was having issues. Well, that wasn't the case, it was just Nate Diaz and his corner.
Several times during the five-round fight with Benson Henderson for the UFC lightweight championship, the audio went deaf. Also, there was a pair of incidents where the camera showed a zoomed out view of KeyArena.
Diaz twice gave Henderson the "Stockton Salute," which is nothing more than the middle-finger. Also, his corner was constantly screaming expletives from the likes of Nick Diaz, Cesar Gracie, Gilbert Melendez and Richard Perez.
"It's not appropriate for air, but the folks in the UFC's production truck were on the ball," said a Fox spokesperson, in a statement released to MMAFighting.com. "They cut away so quickly that it was virtually indiscernible to the naked eye. We regret even a small fraction of a second snuck through."
UFC president Dana White went directly to Diaz after the bout, likely admonishing him for the actions. No fines have been levied against Diaz, the UFC or Fox to date.
- Anderson Silva Targeting Summer Return To The Octagon
- Jon Jones Recovering Well From His Elbow Injury
- Carlos Condit On Rematching Rory MacDonald: "I'm In"
- Mark Hominick Announces His Retirement From MMA
- Bellator Delays Rad Martinez-Shahbulat Shamhalaev Bout Until 2013
- UFC On Fox 5 Official Numbers Release; Event Drew 4.4 Million Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.