In a brief interview with UFC light heavyweight Forrest Griffin at the Corn Nuts exhibit for the NACS Show in Las Vegas, Griffin gave his breakdown of Anderson Silva vs Stephan Bonnar to MMA Fight Corner. Silva vs Bonnar goes down this Saturday at UFC 153 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil at the HBSC Arena. The fight is the main event and will be 3 rounds fought at 205 lbs.
"I actually think Stephan's going to surprise some people. I don't know if he'll win, but he'll do well. He's a big guy, he's never been, I've never seen him be hurt by a punch, let alone knocked out. I don't think Anderson's going to want to get too close because Stephan's a big guy with good jiu jitsu, you don't want to be under him, you know. He's been working his wrestling a lot the last couple years, you've seen that in his fights. He's kind of evolved as a fighter so, I think it'll be a better fight than people think."
Forrest fought Silva in 2009 at UFC 101 in a non-title fight. Griffin said he did pass on some advice to Stephan from his own experience fighting the UFC Middleweight Champion. "It was just what not to do. Don't do anything I did. Whatever I did, do the the opposite."
Griffin and Bonnar's epic first fight which crowned Griffin 'The Ultimate Fighter' in the series' inaugural season, is highly regarded as the fight that put the UFC on the mainstream radar. To this day, that fight that happened in 2005 remains a fan favorite and one of the best fights in UFC history.
- Forrest Griffin- Bonnar's “Going To Surprise Some People"
- Mark Munoz Eyes February Return, Weidman Rematch
- Pat Barry Forced To Find New Home After Team DeathClutch Folds
- Jens Pulver Dealing With Anxiety, Depression Issues
- Javier Mendez Discusses Opponents For Daniel Cormier
- Stephan Bonnar: "I Am Going To Give Anderson Silva Hell"
- Countdown To UFC 153: Silva Vs. Bonnar Airs This Evening
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.