The first ONE FC card of 2013 will take place in early February according to CEO Victor Cui with the opening rounds of a tournament planned.
The event will be held in Malaysia at the Putra Indoor Stadium which holds around 15,000 people. Fights were not yet disclosed, but Cui said that the card would be the beginnings of an eight man flyweight Grand Prix tournament to determine the first ever champion.
Earlier in the week, GLORY and ONE FC announced they had signed a partnership where they will share fighters.
Cui continued that 12-14 shows are being planned for 2013 and 18-20 shows for 2014.
A December show was being targeted by ONE FC, but was cancelled due to not finding a venue. A press conference is expected for December to announce more details about the February 2 card.
- Lavar Johnson Injured, Out Of UFC On Fox 5 Fight With Brendan Schaub
- Bellator 82 Weigh-In Results: Welterweight Finals Made Official
- UFC "Road To The Octagon" Debuts This Sunday
- Ronaldo Souza-Lorenz Larkin Booked For Strikeforce: Champions
- Frank Shamrock: Bas Rutten Put Me On The Map
- Next ONE FC Event Announced
- Heather Clark Ready For The Big Leagues
- Chris Weidman Updates Status Post-Surgery
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.