As part of the XFC's East Coast 2012 tour, the company makes its debut in North Carolina for a show titled XFC 19: Charlotte Showdown on August 3.
"As the promotion ventures into new stomping grounds, they have lined up some of the most well-known and exciting fighters on their roster for Carolina MMA fans," said T.J. Alcock, media relations for XFC.
The main event will feature a welterweight fight between Corey Hill (6-4) and Mike Bronzoulis (14-5-1), which has major implications with the winner possibly becoming the division's number one contender according to Alcock.
The co-main event of the evening will have Felice Herrig (6-4) taking on Simona Soukupova (2-1), who makes her XFC debut. Herrig is fresh off a XFC unanimous decision victory in her last fight, while Soukupova looks to rebound from a loss last August. A win for Herrig could mean a possible 2013 XFC championship fight according to Alcock.
The main card will also feature a lightweight fight as Nick Newell (7-0) takes on David Mays (6-3). Newell is riding a two victory win streak in the XFC as Mays makes his debut for the company.
"As is custom for the XFC, the card will also feature some of the Charlotte area's top rising talents," said Alcock.
These fights include: Joe Elmore (6-4) vs. Kevin Forant (2-0), Shane Crenshaw (3-0) vs. the winner of the 2010 XFC Open Fighter Tryout Jason Hicks (4-0) and Roger Carroll (11-5) vs. Nicolae Cury (6-3). Joseph Carroll (5-6) and Ricky Rainey (3-0) will also see action on the undercard.
XFC 19 airs live on AXS TV at 9pm Eastern time.
- Dan Henderson Plans To Put Jon Jones On His Back
- Francis Carmont To Put Perfect UFC Record On Line Vs. Tom Lawlor At UFC 154
- Add Gabriel Gonzaga To Ever-Growing UFC 153 Card In Brazil
- John Alessio Cut From The UFC
- Rick Story-Demian Maia On Target For UFC 153
- Corey Hill Vs. Mike Bronzoulis Headlines XFC 19 This Friday
- Numbers Come In For UFC 148: Silva Vs. Sonnen II
- Cesar Gracie Hoping To Get Nick Diaz A Fight Overseas
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.