M-1 Global Director of Operations Evgeni Kogan announced that Fedor Emelianenko will return to action on June 21 on his Twitter account on Friday. No word of an opponent has been named, but rumors target Bobby Lashley.
"Breaking!!! Fedor Emelianenko fighting on June 21st, Ice Palace, St. Petersburg, Russia. News on the opponent to come!" Kogan wrote.
Emelianenko has rebounded from three-straight losses to defeat Jeff Monson and Satoshi Ishii in his last two bouts. Many have speculated that Fedor could be brought in to replace Alistair Overeem in the planned fight with Junior dos Santos for the UFC heavyweight title if Overeem is knocked out due to his failed drug test. That, however, seems to be just rumor sparked by the always-trusted internet.
Lashley is 7-1 in his MMA career. He is a former star with the WWE and competed for Strikeforce in the past.
- Jim Miller Wants To Be Known As The Best Ever In MMA
- UFC Inks Brazilian Prospect Hacran Dias
- Nate Diaz Earns His Black Belt From Cesar Gracie
- Video: Behind-The-Scenes Look At Jon Jones' Cover Shoot For "UFC Magazine"
- Thiago Alves Talks About Martin Kampmann Loss, Getting Back On Track
- If You Use TRT, Mark Munoz Feels Like You Are Cheating
- Ken Stone-Edwin Figueroa Newest Bout For "UFC On FX 4"
- Alistair Overeem To Appear In Front Of NSAC On April 24
- Video: Todd Duffee Drops Neil Grove At "Super Fight League 2" Event In India
- Video: "Bellator 64" Highlights Include Askren Vs. Lima
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.