Notes and tidbits from the Doctor's office to help you get an edge on your fantasy competition.
Dr. Roto would like to wish all of his readers a very Happy Thanksgiving. May you all enjoy time with family, friends, and football.
The Doctor is in...
1) No surprise that Brad Childress was fired. Truth be told, it should have happened two weeks ago. New coach Leslie Frazier has the respect of his players. Don't be surprised to see the Vikings play well down the stretch.
2) Speaking of coaches on the hot seat. Here are two more that Dr. Roto thinks are on their way out: Marvin Lewis and Gary Kubiak. Lewis' Bengals were outscored 35-0 by the Bills in the second half. Kubiak's Texans can't seem to hold a lead due to their porous pass defense.
3) With Hakeem Nicks now out for the next three weeks, look for Derek Hagan to step up for the Giants. Another possible sleeper for catches is Travis Beckum.
4) Zach Miller is struggling with his injury. Downgrade him now as Jason Campbell is over matched as starter for the Raiders.
5) Dr. Roto thinks that the baton has passed: Mike Wallace has surpassed Hines Ward and is the new #1 WR threat on the Steelers.
6) More coaching rumblings have Jim Schwartz on the hot seat in Detroit. This would be a BIG mistake as the Lions have had a rash of injuries and bad calls against them this year. Kevin Smith is out for the year and Jahvid Best can't shake his turf toe. Look for Nate Burleson's value to continue to rise the rest of the way.
7) Expect to see a lot of Mike Goodson for the Panthers down the stretch. He has an explosive burst and terrific hands out of the backfield. He has certainly earned a spot on the team for 2011.
8) If you listened to my podcast, you would have known that Ben Obomanu was going to be in the starting lineup for the Seahawks. He has good speed and size and may be a guy to pickup in case your team needs some WR depth.
9) Wasn't it Week #1 that everyone thought that Mark Sanchez was a below average QB? Just saying...
10) Dr. Roto is almost done with Randy Moss. Moss looked like he wasn't trying on most of the snaps last week. Rusty Smith has a pro body and arm, but needs way more experience to be effective. Don't be shocked to see Chris Simms sooner than later.
11) Go pick up Vincent Jackson if he is on your free agent wire. He will be a HUGE addition for the Chargers as they make the playoffs once again with a December rally.
12) Shonn Greene better learn to hold onto the football or he will lose tons of playing time down the stretch.
The Doctor is out...
For more insight and opinion of Fantasy Football, be sure to catch my weekly Fantasy Football 411 Podcast on Friday evenings at 10:00PM EST. Feel free to call and have your questions answered on the air @ 646-915-9367.
- NCAA Xtra Point Football Top 25 NCAA Rankings: Week 13Published each Monday
- College Football Saturday in 500 Words or Less: Week 12Published every Monday
- Monday Morning Quarterback: Week 11Published each Monday
- NFL Power Rankings Week 12 (Net Points)Published every Tuesday
If you would like to ask Dr. Roto a question, call (646) 915-9367 on Friday nights at 10:00pm EST and ask your question live on the that weeks Fantasy Football 411 Podcast.
Check out these other stories.....