The UFC's heavyweight division is anyone's guess at this point according to Fabricio Werdum (16-5-1). With Cain Velasquez recently regaining the title, the Brazilian thinks that he can end the year with the gold around his waist.
"I know Cain's victory tangled the division," said Werdum to TATAME. "I want to win The Ultimate Fighter and then want to be fighting for the belt in October. That was my calculation. I know Cain will have a fight before."
Werdum is currently coaching on the second season of TUF: Brazil opposite Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira (34-7). They will meet at the conclusion of the show, which is set for June 8. It will be a rematch, as Nogueira earned a decision win over Werdum in PRIDE.
Cain Velasquez (11-1) regained his championship over the weekend at UFC 155. He dominated Junior dos Santos (15-2) for all five rounds to become a two time UFC heavyweight champion.
- Jon Fitch Sees GSP Defeating Nick Diaz, Facing Nate Marquardt After
- Michael Bisping Reflects On Alan Belcher, Tim Boetsch Fights
- Costa Philippou Targets Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva Winner
- Bjorn Rebney Denies That Paul Daley Is Allowed To Compete For Another Promotion
- Bellator Commitment Removes Renato Sobral From Coaching On TUF: Brazil
- Video: New Promo For The Ultimate Fighter: Jones Vs. Sonnen
- UFC 155 Prelims Generate 1.4 Million Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.