Fabricio Werdum sees his coaching spot on the next season of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil as a great opportunity. Werdum, who will coach opposite Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, will face off against "Minotauro" for a second time later in 2013.
That bout will give Werdum the chance to avenge a 2006 decision loss to the former interim UFC and Pride heavyweight champion. Filming for TUF is also slated to start in early 2013.
"Back then, I was pretty much a jiu-jitsu fighter," said Werdum, during a recent press conference. "I've worked a lot on my stand-up. It's just a great honor (to be coaching TUF and fighting Nogueira."
Werdum (16-5-1) has won each of his past two UFC bouts since returning to the promotion after a four-fight stint with Strikeforce. Of his five career defeats, all but one has come at the hands of a former UFC or Strikeforce heavyweight champion.
"My biggest goal is to fight for the title," Werdum said. "I have to win this fight in order to be in title contention. In the past few fights in the UFC, I have shown I have knockout power and I can have a 'Fight of the Night.'"
- Michael Bisping: If Anderson Silva Wants Time Off, Make Interim Title
- Ratings Hold Strong For Latest Episode Of The Ultimate Fighter
- UFC Goes With Alan Belcher-Yushin Okami For Final UFC 155 Main Card Bout
- Tyrone Spong Grades His MMA Debut From The WSOF
- Date Announced For Bellator Season 7 Featherweight Finals
- UFC 157 Targeted For February 23, Anaheim, California
- Jorge Masvidal: Strikeforce Lacks Communication
- Anderson Silva: No Plans To Enter Octagon, Challenge GSP At UFC 154
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.