Fabio Maldonado earned the respect of MMA fans for his willingness to stand and trade with Glover Teixeira last month at UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar, Now, Maldonado also has a little extra holiday spending cash for his efforts.
"Good news or bad, share with my fans and friends, just (got) a check from the UFC by the U.S. postal service at home, and for the fourth time, even losing - and stick that I took right - the UFC paid me more than if I had won the fight," Maldonado posted on Facebook. "Thanks to the (Fertitta) brothers, Dana White and Joe Silva."
Maldonado (18-6) lost his third consecutive UFC bout, but will likely not be cut - especially now, considering the UFC gave him a bonus. The contest with Teixeira was stopped following the second round by the Octagon-side doctor.
- Alistair Overeem-Antonio Silva Official For UFC 156
- Fuel TV To Present "Training Day: The Blackzilians" On Wednesday
- Former WEC Announcer Joe Martinez To Handle UFC On FX 6 Duties
- New Bellator Rule Introduced For Championship Fights
- Two Championships To Be Decided At BAMMA 11
- Luke Rockhold Confirms Hand Injury, Shoots On Lorenz Larkin
- WSOF Pays Pulled Fighter Fabio Mello
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.