Former UFC middleweight title contender Thales Leites has won six of seven fights since being cut by the promotion back in 2009. However, he will not return to action again this year, as Leites informed Tatame.com that he will have knee surgery soon.
"I've injured my knee 15 days before I fought at Amazon Forest and decided to go either way," Leites said. "I'll only be back next year; I can't fight this year."
Leites lost a decision to Anderson Silva, and was defeated by Alessio Sakara in his next UFC appearance. Since that time, his only loss came to Matt Horwich.
- Report: Ulysses Gomez To Sign With UFC, Face Jussier Da Silva
- Glover Teixeira Not Backing Down From Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
- Jon Jones Preparing Well For Dan Henderson's Deadly "H-Bomb"
- Bellator Returning To New Jersey For Bellator 74
- Change In Opponent Doesn't Concern Tim Boetsch
- Luke Rockhold Wants His Shot At Anderson Silva
- Urijah Faber Says Bout With Renan Barao Is "Personal"
- Nate Marquardt: "I Feel Like I'm The Best In The World"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.