"I resigned, quit Strikeforce because I signed a six-fight, two-year contract. They gave me two fights and it's been a year (and) I haven't fought," Santos said. "I can't live like this, spending a year on the 'fridge.'"
Santos (18-15) last fought in September of 2011, falling to Jordan Mein. He confirmed that he has signed a three-fight deal with Instinct, and will compete on October 21 against Brandon Thatch, a champion within the promotion.
"Then I'll fight in December and again in February," Santos said. "They assured me three fights in six months. The event doesn't have an exclusivity clause, so I can fight in other shows, too."
- Stephen Thompson-Besam Yousef Added To UFC 154
- Change Of Camp Has Vitor Belfort Feeling "Young" Again
- Brendan Schaub Wants To Test His Chin Vs. Lavar Johnson
- Chris Weidman More Interested In Michael Bisping-Brian Stann Winner Than Alan Belcher
- Michael Bisping Looking At Brian Stann's One Punch Knockout
- Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos Leaves Strikeforce, Set To Fight In Canada
- Regardless Of Decision Vs. Carlos Condit, Anderson Silva Wants To Fight GSP
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.