Erik Perez scored a submission victory in the one non-televised fight on The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale Friday night. Perez was awarded the victory despite John Albert never submitting to his armbar.
Instead, referee Kim Winslow stopped the bout at the 4:18 mark after hearing Albert scream out. Albert claimed in the post-fight interview that he never submitted.
"No, I never submitted," Albert said (thanks to MMAjunkie.com for the quote). "I was trying to get out. I started to yell, and then the referee stopped it."
Perez (11-4) also said he never heard Albert submit. The loss dropped Albert to 7-3 overall and 1-2 in the UFC.
- Jon Fitch Out Of Planned Bout With Aaron Simpson
- "TUF: The Smashes" Will Feature Welterweights, Lightweights
- Dominick Cruz Discusses His Upcoming Knee Surgery
- Video: Highlights From Kampmann-Ellenberger, Chiesa-Iaquinta
- King Mo: Jon Jones Won't Be Great Until He Beats Me
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale" Gate And Attendance
- Frank Mir Discusses Therapeutic Use Exemptions
- Kampmann And Ellenberger Talk Controversial Stoppage
- Martin Kampmann Does It Again, Storming Back To Finish Jake Ellenberger
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Bonuses Awarded
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.