Silva and Fitch will meet in October at UFC 153. The two are each looking to make a statement in the 170-pound division.
For Silva, this is an opportunity to secure a win against a name foe. After being disqualified for illegal strikes against Carlo Prater earlier this year, Silva rebounded to submit Charlie Brenneman. His plan for Fitch revolves around imposing his will.
"Don't be surprised if I take Jon Fitch down," laughed Silva, during a recent interview with Tatame. "We're training a lot. I'm taking many guys down on the trainings."
Silva believes a win over Fitch will move him into a strong position in the division, adding, "after I beat him up, I'll figure on top of the division."
This will mark the third of four UFC fights for Silva in his native country of Brazil. UFC 153 takes place October 13 from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Nate Diaz Inks New Deal With UFC
- Roy Nelson Tweets "The Juice Is Good" In Regards To Using TRT
- Dana White Fine With TRT, As Long As It's Used Properly
- Video: Another Teaser For All-Access Ronda Rousey
- Seth Petruzelli To Compete At K-1 Rising
- Lightweights Bobby Green, Matt Ricehouse Placed On Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman
- Dan Henderson Thinks Lyoto Machida’s Style Contains A Flaw
- Henderson Feels Age Is Not A Factor In His Upcoming Fight Against Jones
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Willing To Coach TUF: Brazil Vs. Shogun Rua
- Frank Mir Gave No Second-Thought To Facing Daniel Cormier
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.