ONE Fighting Championship CEO Victor Cui confirmed with MMAjunkie.com recently that the first featherweight champion will be crowned at ONE FC 7: Return of Warriors on February 2.
Eric Kelly (9-0) and Honorio Banario (7-1) will meet for the ONE FC featherweight title. The bout will serve as the main event from the Stadium Putra in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
"They're really the top-two contenders right now," Cui said. "The fans out here in Asia have been asking for that fight for a long time and I think they both deserve a title shot."
The two were originally scheduled to meet this past October, but the bout was called off. No reason was ever given.
- Benson Henderson: Friend Or Foe, At 155 It Doesn't Matter
- Chael Sonnen On TUF Coaching Gig: I Didn't Realize I Wasn't Coaching Jon Jones
- UFC On FX 6 Weigh-In Results
- Vinny Magalhaes Calls Out Phil Davis: "I'm A Horrible Fight For Him"
- Eric Kelly-Honorio Banario To Meet For ONE FC Featherweight Title
- Bellator 84 Weigh-In Results: Tourney Finals Are Set
- Video: Anderson Silva Stars In Brazilian Duracell Advertisement
- Dana White Calls Ronda Rousey "Nasty, Mean... Like Chuck Liddell"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.