February is the new date when Bellator officials hope Eduardo Dantas (14-3) will make his return. Dantas has been out of action after getting knocked out late August in a non-title fight for an outside promotion. His manager Andre Pederneiras reported that now Dantas has been barred from contact for a month following a recent training session where the fighter became dizzy and nauseous.
"He can train in jiu-jitsu and wrestling, but he can't [take] a punch or kick to his head," said Pederneiras via email to MMA Junkie.
The month away from contact is a precautionary measure according to Pederneiras after neurological tests were performed.
"This week I brought him back to the doctor and he told us that in February he can fight without any problem," wrote Pederneiras.
Dantas was supposed to have fought Season 6 tournament winner Marcos Galvao (13-5-1) at Bellator 79, but the fight had been postponed since the August knockout.
Earlier in the year, Dantas won the bantamweight championship. He is undefeated in Bellator with four wins. Prior to his loss in August, Dantas was on a seven fight win streak.
- Vinny Magalhães Training Chael Sonnen To Submit Jon Jones
- New Beginning For Tyson Griffin With A Change Of Camps
- Rafaello Tractor’s Hand Injury To Keep Him Out Of Action For The Remainder Of 2012
- Cung Le Not Retiring After Rich Franklin Fight
- Junior Dos Santos May Go For The Submission Win Against Cain Velasquez
- Stefan Struve Names Potential Fights
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.