With Edson Barboza (10-1) suffering his first loss at UFC 146, he doesn't plan to allow it to derail his future. To him the loss is part of the learning experience.
"I always say we learn more out of loss than when we win, so I've learned a lot," said Barboza. "Now I'm working in order not do make the same mistakes and get a win next."
Jamie Varner (2-7-1-2 NC) handed Barboza is first loss in over two years as a professional MMA fighter.
Alex Davis, Barboza's manager, said the UFC wants him to fight again before the year ends and Barboza is open to the idea.
"I want to get back there as soon as possible," said Barboza. "I've been training a lot, correcting my mistakes to get back there better. I'm crazy about fighting again."
- Miguel Torres Announces That He Has Signed With Titan FC
- Johny Hendricks-Martin Kampmann Official For UFC 154
- Rampage Jackson Hints At Fighting Outside Of UFC After Bout With Glover Teixeira
- Seattle To Host UFC On Fox 5
- Frankie Edgar Makes Featherweight Move Official
- Chael Sonnen: Jon Jones "Will Never Fight Me"
- Chris Weidman Just Wants Anderson Silva To Give Him A Chance
- Anthony Pettis Says His Fight With Donald Cerrone "Is Happening"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.