Ediene Gomes (9-2) couldn't have had a more perfect Invicta FC debut. She submitted Katalina Malungahu (2-1) in the closing minute of round one, causing her to be offered a new three fight contract and she won't have to wait to find out who her next opponent is. She takes on Hiroko Yamanaka (12-2-1 NC) sometime next year. No date has been announced, but the January 4 show is rumored.
"I enjoyed fighting there [at Invicta FC 3]," said Gomeson MMA Junkie. "It's great. The people are nice. It's just a bit cold, but it's nice otherwise."
Gomes has won her last three fights, securing a pair of first round submission wins. Her last defeat came at the hands of the now Strikeforce Women's Champion Ronda Rousey (6-0).
Yamanaka's four year winning streak came to an end this past summer when she lost by decision at a Strikeforce event. Before that, she was on an eight fight win streak in Japan.
Invicta FC 4 takes place from Kansas City.
- Ben Henderson Went To Veterans For Advice
- Cesar Gracie: Nate Diaz Vs. Gilbert Melendez Will Never Happen
- Georges St-Pierre Says Focus Should Be On Carlos Condit, Not Anderson Silva
- "UFC Unrestricted" To Offer In-Depth Look At UFC 148
- Junior Dos Santos Confident He Could KO Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- Dana White Hosting Live Q&A On Tuesday Evening
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.