Iridium Sports Agency reported on Monday that UFC featherweight Eddie Yagin was taken to a local hospital emergency room following a training injury to his head. Yagin is scheduled to face Dennis Siver at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz on December 8.
That bout could be in jeopardy considering the severity of the injury. The two were originally set to meet in September at the cancelled UFC 151: Jones vs. Henderson card.
"Please keep (Yagin) in your prayers," Jason House posted on Twitter. "He got admitted to the ER (Monday) due to a head injury he suffered (in) training."
Yagin (16-5-1) is coming off a split decision victory over Mark Hominick this past April. Siver (20-8) topped Diego Nunes that same month in his last action.
- Alistair Overeem-Antonio Silva Targeted For UFC 156
- Pair Of UFC Events Receive Venues
- Tom DeBlass Retires From MMA Following Recent Loss
- Jessica Eye's Plan To Defeat Zoila Gurgel And "Be Considered A Champion"
- Bellator Swaps Upcoming Tournament Final Dates
- Vinicius Queiroz's Manager Blames Referee Call Over Recent Loss
- Nike Contract Confirmed For UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior Dos Santos
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.