Former Bellator lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez has confirmed that he will compete at least once more inside the Bellator cage in a recent interview with MMAFighting.com. Alvarez will fight October 15.
The card takes place from Windsor, Ontario, Canada's Caesars Windsor Hotel & Casino. No opponent has been named, but one is expected to be announced shortly.
Alvarez will officially become a free agent after the fight, giving Bellator three months to match any deal he receives. Alvarez (23-3) lost the Bellator title to Michael Chandler last year, but rebounded to defeat Shinya Aoki at Bellator 66.
- Frank Mir To Face Daniel Cormier In Strikeforce Later This Year
- Mike Swick Vs. DaMarques Johnson Added To UFC On Fox 4 Main Card
- Next Light Heavyweight Contender Could Be Determined At UFC On Fox 4
- UFC Makes Alan Belcher-Vitor Belfort Official For UFC 153
- Firas Zahabi Says GSP Still Interested In Fighting Nick Diaz
- Ryan Bader's Only Job Vs. Lyoto Machida Is To Win
- Dustin Pague Vs. Chico Camus Planned For August's UFC 150
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.