An intriguing lightweight contest will serve as the main event for Bellator 76, which takes place October 12 from Caesars Windsor in Canada. Former Bellator champion Eddie Alvarez will face Patricky Pitbull in what could be his final bout for the promotion.
"Eddie and Pitbull are two of the most explosive, dynamic lightweights in MMA," Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney said. "This is a fight I've wanted to see for the last two years."
Also, the season seven featherweight tournament will see four quarterfinals take to the cage, as Rad Martinez meets Nazareno Malegarie; Akop Stepanyan faces Wagnney Fabiano; Mike Richman battles Jeremy Spoon; and Shabulat Shamhalaev faces Cody Bollinger.
The eight featherweights sport a combined record of 106-15. They will be competing for a $100,000 and a future Bellator featherweight title shot.
- Dana White "The #1 Contender Right Now Is Weidman"
- Dana White Hopes Jose Aldo Vs Frankie Edgar Can Still Happen This Year
- Stephan Bonnar Makes Light Of His Underdog Status
- Consistent Way Of Life Reason For Cole Konrad's MMA Retirement
- Alan Belcher-Yushin Okami Targeted For UFC 155
- Scott Coker Explains Larkin's Title Shot And Talks Last Heavyweight Fight
- Scott Coker Weighs In On Melendez-Thomson 4, Wants Rousey-Cyborg To Happen
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline