Ed Soares, the manager for such fighters as UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and former champion Lyoto Machida, has been named the president of the Resurrection Fighting Alliance out of Nebraska. Soares will work with the RFA beginning immediately in helping build the promotion.
Soares' new role was initially reported by MMA insider FrontRowBrian on Twitter. The RFA Twitter page has since confirmed news of the hiring, as well.
The RFA has signed such notables as Joe Stevenson, Jens Pulver, and Tyson Griffin, along with rising stars like Sergio Pettis, Steve Mocco, and Lance Palmer. Soares, in an interview with MMAWeekly.com, stated that he will remain a manager of fighters such as Silva and Machida, and that the next RFA show is set for October.
- Chael Sonnen Will Face Forrest Griffin In December
- Video: Preview For Second Episode Of "All Access: Ronda Rousey"
- Brian Stann Fires Back At Alexander Shlemenko's Comments
- Alexander Shlemenko Says UFC Fighters Use Injury To Dictate Fights, Calls Out Brian Stann
- ONE FC Releases Complete Fight Card For Next Event
- Bellator Title Fight Between Pat Curran-Patricio Freire Off
- Experience Comes First, Then Championship Gold For Erick Silva
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.