The CSAC's ruling to uphold the one year suspension of Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante (11-3-1 NC) has left his manager Ed Soares questioning the testing process.
"Once again, it goes to show you what a joke the California State Athletic Commission is," said Ed Soares on The MMA Hour. "It's just a bunch of idiots out there. I just can't believe that they'd sit there and admit they were wrong the way that they did. It's completely ridiculous. I don't even know what else to say."
Soares accuses the CSAC of having paperwork with the wrong date and a urine sample that was taken from the wrong location.
Cavalcante had tested positive for steroids after his May 19 Strikeforce fight. He originally scored a submission win 33 seconds into round one, but it was changed when the drug test came back.
Soares said he now plans on looking into taking legal action.
"What I believe is that they're unethical, they're unorganized, and it just doesn't make any sense the way that they operate," said Soares.
- Miesha Tate Disgusted By Bellator's Placement Of Zoila Gurgel
- Matt Riddle Confirms He Has Medical Marijuana Card
- Erik Koch To Return At UFC 155 Vs. Ricardo Lamas
- Carlos Condit: I'm Playing The Role Of Spoiler Again
- Ed Soares Calls CSAC Idiots Over Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante’s Suspension
- Pair Of New Fights Added To TUF Finale
- Michael Bisping Looks Ahead To A Middleweight Championship Fight
- T.J. Dillashaw And Mike Easton Added To UFC On FOX 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.