Dustin Poirier has confirmed reports that he has joined up with American Top Team. Poirier has been posting several messages about practice sessions with ATT over the past few weeks.
"I've seen a lot of people wondering if me and Gladiators and Tim Credeur had a fall out and the answer is no we didn't," Poirier posted on Twitter. "We all sat down and thought this move to ATT was the best for my career. We are still very good friends. I'm just making the proper adjustments in my life to put UFC gold around my waist. I'm excited for the future."
The 23-year-old Poirier (12-2) had his five-fight win streak snapped at the hands of Chan Sung Jung this past May. The contest was the main event, a first for "The Diamond" since joining the UFC in 2011.
Poirier also mentioned that he would be returning to the Octagon, "soon," when asked about his next fight.
- Matt Riddle, Francisco Rivera Suspended For Failed Drug Tests
- Is Anderson Silva Already Budging On Jon Jones Super-Fight?
- Bellator 77 Weigh-In Results: Lightweight Tourney Quarters Official
- Shane Carwin Continues Rehab For Injured Knee Ahead Of TUF 16 Finale Fight
- Jon Jones Doing MMA A Favor Taking Out Chael Sonnen
- Gilbert Yvel Scratched From RFA 4 Main Event
- Anderson Silva's Legacy Continues To Grow In Brazil
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.