Just two weeks after he choked out Jared Papazian at UFC on FX 3, Dustin Pague has agreed to step up for the injured Francisco Rivera to face Ken Stone at UFC on FX 4.
Pague, a cast member on the fourteenth season of The Ultimate Fighter, rebounded from a knockout loss in his official promotional debut by submitting Papazian last week with a first-round rear naked choke. He'll be looking to make it two in a row when he faces turns around to face Stone.
Like Pague, Stone also faltered in his UFC debut only to come back and win via first-round rear naked choke in his next appearance (which came against Donny Walker this past September). Stone was initially slated to face Edwin Figueroa at UFC on FX 4, but Figueroa was injured and replaced by Rivera, who was in turn replaced by Pague.
The two bantamweights will do battle on June 22 at the Revel Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey in the UFC on FX 4 opening bout.
- Light Heavyweight Division In Anthony Johnson's Future
- More Injuries Hamper UFC 149 As Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Out
- 'Countdown To UFC 148' Set To Air On July 3
- Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante Tests Positive For Banned Substance
- Dustin Pague Steps Up On Short Notice To Fight Ken Stone
- Stefan Struve, Stipe Miocic Set To Headline "UFC: Nottingham" Card
- Rich Franklin Talks Re-Matching With “Tornado” Wanderlei Silva
- Frank Mir Talks Future, Not Opposed To Pro Wrestling