DREAM looks to be revived, as upstart promotion GLORY will team with them to announce a New Year's Eve show in Japan, according to MMA Fighting.
A press conference is scheduled for Thursday in Japan where the partnership will be announced publicly according to a GLORY official. Several fights are expected to be announced at the press conference.
It is not clear if this new deal goes beyond the one show.
The event will be called GSI Presents DREAM 18 - Special NYE 2012. It takes place December 31 from the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.
DREAM's last event was their 2011 New Year's Eve show. Earlier in the year, their parent company filed for bankruptcy leaving the fate of the MMA company in question.
GLORY is a kickboxing promotion who earlier this year purchased their rival promotion It's Showtime.
Thursday's press conference will begin at 5 a.m. Eastern Time.
- Women Are Coming To The UFC, According To Dana White
- Dana White Postpones Surgery Until 2013
- Chael Sonnen Responds To Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
- Donald Cerrone Weighing His Options After News Of Anthony Pettis Health Scare
- Legacy FC Middleweight Championship To Remain Vacant Due To Injury
- Heavyweights Pat Barry-Shane Del Rosario Targeted For TUF 16 Finale
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.