Dong Hyun Kim (16-2-1-1 NC) has gone out and stated that a staggering number of his fellow fighters in the UFC use PEDs. Even with the use of random drug test in play, Kim thinks the fighters know how to get around it.
"While a lot of people believe doping tests work, just like a breathalyzer test you can get away with it by just controlling timing," said Kim to MFight. "Most of the steroid users just cycle and get by the tests. I would say 90% of UFC fighters use performance enhancers."
Kim has been a member of the UFC roster since 2008 where he is 7-2. He had a third loss, but it was overturned when the other fighter tested positive for using banned painkillers. Both losses occurred between his last four fights. Kim last competed in November, earning his sixth UFC win by way of decision.
The pressure to use PEDs Kim said was high.
"It's almost like other athletes look down on you as an idiot if you don't do steroids," said Kim. "But I am one of those idiots that don't use performance enhancers."
- Magnus Cedenblad-Rafael Natal On For UFC On Fox 6
- Sara McMann Not Seeing Ronda Rousey Fight In The Near Future
- MMA Side Of GLORY - Dream Card Continues To Grow
- One Handed Nick Newell Ready For Title Run
- Nate Diaz Feels It's His Turn To Be UFC Champion
- Shogun Rua Discusses Turning Down Jon Jones Title Fight
- Mike Chiesa Signs With First Round Management
- Benson Henderson Focused On "W" Vs. Nate Diaz At UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.