Dong Hyum Kim attacked and attacked and attacked Paulo Thiago Saturday, earning an easy decision victory over Thiago at UFC On Fuel TV: Franklin Vs. Le. The win helped get Kim back on track following a tough TKO loss to Demian Maia earlier this year.
The Maia loss was tough for Kim to deal with, as the South Korean suffered a rib injury in the early moments of the battle and was unable to continue on. Now, after delighting the Chinese crowd on Saturday, Kim wants a second shot at Maia.
When asked about his next opponent, Kim simply stated, "Demian Maia." Maia has since went on to defeat Rick Story, making him 2-0 at welterweight.
After constantly being forced to deal with the time change in training in South Korea and fighting in the U.S. for the UFC, Kim felt as though maybe Thiago had issues adjusting to the change.
"It was a complete different fighting here," Kim said, "like the difference between night and day."
- Challenge Placed Against David Batista
- Details Emerge On DREAM-GLORY Event
- Frankie Edgar On Aldo: "I'm Going To Have To Push Him And Test His Mettle"
- Bellator Removes Dan McGuane From Card Due To Manslaughter Arrest
- Fabricio Werdum Excited To Avenge Previous Loss To "Minotauro" Nogueira
- Miesha Tate: Don’t Give Ronda Rousey All The Credit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.