Donald Cerrone, who got himself back on track with a victory over Jeremy Stephens last month, informed Sherdog.com that he battled an intenstine injury prior to the fight. While it was severe, it wasn't enough to keep "Cowboy" out of the bout.
"I rolled my intenstines," Cerrone said. "From my surgery years ago, I have a lot of intenstinal and stomach problems still to this day, and I was in the ICU and they almost had to do surgery on me."
Cerrone said a previous motocross injury caused the initial problem, while his, "stomach basically rolled around the intestine (this time." Cerrone described the pain as, "someone was stabbing me. Oh, it was brutal."
After a loss to Nate Diaz last year ended his win streak, Cerrone dominated the veteran Stephens in earning his first victory over 2012. He has been pushing for a bout at UFC 150 in Denver, Colorado, which is near his hometown.
- 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale' Medical Suspensions
- Three Fights Added To UFC 150 From Denver
- Video: Outtakes From Anderson Silva's Budweiser Commercial
- Chris Clements Steps In For Alves Against Bahadurzada
- Bibiano Fernandes Set To Make UFC Debut
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Fighter Payouts
- Jon Fitch Sidelined By Knee Injury
- Report: DREAM Closes Its Doors For Good
- Video: UFC Fighters Discuss Jon Jones' Recent DUI Arrest
- Joe Stevenson To Fight For Resurrection Fighting Alliance On June 30
- Gilbert Melendez Vs. Eddie Alvarez "Would Be Fantastic" According To Scott Coker