Former UFC light heavyweight champion Frankie Edgar seems to be a popular man. After news broke Tuesday that Edgar's scheduled opponent, Jose Aldo, would not be able to fight in October, several MMA fighters offered their services to meet "The Answer."
Aldo and Edgar were set to collide at UFC 153: Aldo vs. Edgar for the UFC featherweight title. "Scarface," however, will not be able to make the date.
"Who you need me to fight! I'm always down," posted Cerrone on Twitter Tuesday night. "I can do anything for money."
UFC matchmaker Dave Sholler confirmed that Cerrone already called him to state his intentions were legit, as Sholler wrote on Twitter that Cerrone told him, "I'll put on a sweatsuit and run to Rio right now. It'll be a long haul, but I'll do it."
Cerrone (19-4) defeated Melvin Guillard earlier this year, the same night Edgar was topped by Benson Henderson in his quest to win back the UFC 155-pound title.
- Glover Teixeira Draws Fabio Maldonado For October Brazil Card
- Anderson Silva-Stephan Bonnar Light Heavyweight Affair New UFC 153 Main Event
- Chris Leben Returning To Octagon This December To Face Karlos Vemola
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Returning At UFC 153 To Face Dave Herman
- Vitor Belfort Calls Chael Sonnen A Twitter Clown
- Report: Bellator Heavyweight Champion Cole Konrad Retires
- Cyrille Diabaté Looks For The Decision, Not Knockout In Fight With Fábio Maldonado
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline