Donald Cerrone would like nothing more than to face Anthony Pettis inside the Octagon. The problem is, however, that Cerrone has been waiting several months to meet Pettis.
On Monday, it was reported that Pettis was rushed to the hospital with a Staph infection in his elbow. Initial reports have stated "Showtime" will be fine, but a rumored bout in January with "Cowboy" could be in jeopardy.
"We were supposed to go for Denver. No. OK, we'll be ready in December. January. Now February? March? I understand the guy is hurt, but I've got bills to pay, too," said Cerrone, in a recent interview with MMAjunkie.com. "It sucks. I need to get with my management team and we need to figure out what's going on."
The rumored Cerrone-Pettis match is expected to crown a new No. 1 contender in the lightweight division. There was also talk of the two coaching on The Ultimate Fighter, but that went to UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen.
- Women Are Coming To The UFC, According To Dana White
- Dana White Postpones Surgery Until 2013
- Chael Sonnen Responds To Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
- Donald Cerrone Weighing His Options After News Of Anthony Pettis Health Scare
- Legacy FC Middleweight Championship To Remain Vacant Due To Injury
- Heavyweights Pat Barry-Shane Del Rosario Targeted For TUF 16 Finale
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline