Donald Cerrone knew his return to Colorado would be emotion Saturday night. Cerrone, who was born in nearby Colorado Springs, defeated former teammate Melvin Guillard at UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II from Denver.
"Man....just walking out there I got teary eyed," Cerrone said. "Fighting at home in Denver is what I've been dreaming of all these years."
It appeared that the emotions seemed to get the better of Cerrone early, as Guillard caught him and dropped him. Guillard followed up, but Cerrone overcame the onslaught and thrived.
"When I got clipped right away in the first I was just thinking, 'Oh shit, better figure this out pretty quick here,'" Cerrone said. "I'm going to the lake (Sunday) and drinking some beers."
As for his ongoing feud with Anthony Pettis, Cerrone said, "just sign on the dotted line and train for a few weeks and let's go!" Pettis is currently rehabbing from shoulder surgery, but appears fine with the Cerrone match next.
- Cris Cyborg Wants A Fight With Ronda Rousey "To Punch Her"
- Dominick Cruz Not Pondering Any Change In Weight Classes Yet
- Jon Jones "Confident That I'm Gonna TKO" Dan Henderson
- Former TUF Coach Jason "Mayhem" Miller Arrested
- Leonard Garcia Believes He’s Fighting When The UFC Invades China
- DeWayne Zinkin On Why American Kickboxing Academy Is The Place For Wrestlers To Morph Into Fighters
- The Office Was No Place For A Competitor Like Daniel Cormier
- Jake Shields Looking To Fight A Top Middleweight Fighter
- Gene LeBell Says Ronda Rousey Is The Ideal Female Athlete
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.