To avoid any drama, Donald Cerrone (18-4-1 NC) decided to spend his last four weeks training in Colorado at the Vail Academy of Martial Arts.
He did this to adjust to the elevation difference and more importantly he didn't want people thinking it was unfair that his coach has trained both fighters. Greg Jackson is Cerrone's current coach and the former coach for Melvin Guillard (30-10-2-1 NC).
"I just took myself out of the situation and worry about what I have to do and not worry what Melvin's doing and not worrying what everyone wants me to do," said Cerrone. "This fight taught me I need to get my head level."
Cerrone has brought several training partners from Jackson's Camp to Vail in preparation for the fight.
Since the two men know each other so well, Cerrone thinks the fight will stay on its feet.
"I know how to fight and I know how Melvin fights, so this is going to be a standup fight," said Cerrone. "I need to be in the best shape."
The two friends will do battle August 11 at UFC 150.
- Dana White Feels Like Ronda Rousey Could Break Octagon Barrier
- Cheick Kongo Would Welcome Fight With Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
- UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera Fighter Salaries Released
- Chael Sonnen Makes Reference To Next Fight, But Doesn't Name Names
- WWE Superstar CM Punk Unimpressed With Jon Jones' Nike Deal
- Donald Cerrone, Melvin Guillard Are Friends Until Their Fight Starts
- GSP's Trainer Says Fighter Want Bout With Anderson Silva
Get more great MMA news and analalysis over at Fightline