Donald Cerrone and Anthony Pettis are both former WEC fighters who have earned their positions in the UFC. However, don't think for a second that the two would be willing to sit down and share a nice meal together.
Cerrone is currently set to face Melvin Guillard in the co-main event of UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II on August 11. Pettis, meanwhile, is rehabbing a shoulder injury and is targeting a late-fall return to action.
"The Cowboy" wants nothing more than to get past Guillard and place himself in a future match with Pettis, who he believes is hiding behind his injury.
"Anthony Pettis' (expletive) ass!" said Cerrone, in a recent interview with LowKick.com. "Anthony, quit hiding behind your sore shoulder and come to the dance."
Cerrone isn't letting his call-out of Pettis take any focus off Guillard. The two were former teammates when Guillard trained with Greg Jackson, so they know each other pretty well.
"My training is going perfect. I stay ready to fight on any notice," Cerrone said. "I don't back down from anybody and that naturally leads to entertaining fights."
- Aaron Simpson, Mike Pierce To Do Battle At UFC On FX 5
- Brandon Vera Reveals What He's Been Doing Wrong In Previous Fights
- Miesha Tate Sounds Off On Ronda Rousey's Nude Pictorial In ESPN
- Fox Sports To Introduce Ref Cam For UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera
- Mike Swick Finally Set To Return To Action This Saturday Night
- Foot Injury Has Jim Miller Currently On The Sidelines
- Paulo Thiago-Dong Hyun Kim Booked For UFC's China Debut In November