When the bell rings for Donald Cerrone (18-4-1 NC) vs. Melvin Guillard (30–10–2-1 NC), their friendship gets placed on the backburner.
When Cerrone was questioned if their friendship would affect the fight, he made it clear that they are going to put on a show.
"Absolutely not," said Cerrone. "Fireworks are going down. I'm going to win and so is he. It's not like I'm going to hit him less because I know him and we train together. I'm going to hit him more because I know where he's weak."
Cerrone feels his submission victories will play a large factor in the outcome of the fight.
"All my fights are won by submission mostly," said Cerrone. "All his losses are from submission. If we're talking about paper-to-paper, I'm a better fighter."
The two friends will do battle August 11 at UFC 150.
- Dana White Feels Like Ronda Rousey Could Break Octagon Barrier
- Cheick Kongo Would Welcome Fight With Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
- UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera Fighter Salaries Released
- Chael Sonnen Makes Reference To Next Fight, But Doesn't Name Names
- WWE Superstar CM Punk Unimpressed With Jon Jones' Nike Deal
- Donald Cerrone, Melvin Guillard Are Friends Until Their Fight Starts
- GSP's Trainer Says Fighter Want Bout With Anderson Silva
Get more great MMA news and analalysis over at Fightline